Sending iPod to Apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jasey, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Jasey

Jasey New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    My iPod touch 2g has been slighlty faulty for awhile now.

The problem has been that, my iPod would take awhile to get it to charge, what i mean by this is that. i would have to stick the charger inside, then tie a rubber band from the dock connecter to the top of the iPod, to keep it together.

So today i came in from school and was about to sync to iTunes, until when i plugged it in and tied the rubber band around it, it would not connect, i plugged it into my AC Adapter and found it wouldn't charge.

I tried my dads cable and it didn't work, and i used my cable on his Ipod Touch and it works.

I looked at my iPod dock connector on the base of the iPod, i noticed that a few prongs were sticking up. so i stuck a needle in there and tried to push them down, but in the process they snapped off

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have requested for apple to send me a box to ship it back and get it replaced (as my warranty runs out December 26th 2009) But my main worry is.

Will Apple refuse to replace my iPod if they notice that some of the prongs are missing? it isn't that easy to see that inside, but i was just wondering.

UPDATE: if i turn my iPod off, and connect it to my PC, the ipod will automatically turn on, but their is no sign of it charging?

Thanks in Advance
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Actually... that's a hardware fault that as long as you are under warranty Apple should take care of. Looks like you will be getting a replacement iPod - likely refurbished - in that box once Apple sends it back to you.

Good luck!
  3. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Mar 12, 2009
    he is right, as long as your warranty hasn't expired (if you bought your ipod less than 1 year ago) it should be replaced by apple because it is indeed a hardware fault