sending ipod to apple, got a question..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nirvahnah, Oct 1, 2009.

1. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    long story short, ive taken excellent care of my ipod since it was opened, but recently my sleep/wake button has gotten rather "mushy". it doesnt click, it like sorta presses in but im unsure as to when its actually "in" so it usually takes 2 or 3 tries to get it to work. ive searched around and this is a common problem with ipods above 5 or so months old with heavy use.

so im within a year of purchase so i signed up to have it delivered to apple and have a refurbished touch sent back to my residence. my question is will the ipod i get back have "like new" buttons where they click and dont "mush" or will it just be a functioning ipod with normal use so the buttons arent perfect. and i wont have to pay anything right? i mean this is a factory fault where with no improper use a button goes bad, right? i didnt drop it or anything, it just started happening after heavy use...

EDIT: really no answers?
  2. evilcryalotmore

evilcryalotmore Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My brother works with apple. Itll probally come back as a present ipod that was in a puddle
  3. thegymnast96

thegymnast96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I Have the same exact issue..... Wondering if maybe they'll send me a 3rd gen? That would be nice
  4. hrh

hrh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no you wont get a different gen ipod, it will be exact model you send in....and usuing its a refurbished one, thats been given a new rear casing and battery

Please Register or Log in to view images

so far as you know, and deserve its NEW. it'll be scratchless but the insides will have been used...kinda like what you have been doing with your malfunctioning one...but still a nice little improvement for the buttons.