iOS 4.0 Sending in iPod for repair

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kevintroy, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kevintroy

kevintroy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im going to send my ipod to apple for a repair because the home button no longer works (ive tried restoring and it still doesnt do anything when I press it and I have a question

Im currently on an IPT3G running firmware 4.0 (JB) and I'm presuming that they'll update it when they try to repair it? question is, when I get it back will I be able to restore to 4.0 and JB again?

I understand that if Apple aren't able to fix it, they send you a new one, in that case I guess I have no chance at all of JBing it because it will be on 4.0.2?

Also, I just restored it to 4.0, is that all I need to do to remove all traces of JB?
  2. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restoring is all you need to do to remove a jailbreak. Also, Apple probably will update it to 4.0.2. If you can, backup your SHSH blobs so you have a chance of jailbreaking again soon (before 4.1 jailbreak).
  3. Musicislife

Musicislife Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    them replacing it will depend on what they determine caused the problem, if they see signs of it being dropped and messing up parts inside or water damage they might say its out of warranty at that point and they will charge you to fix it, if they find no signs though id have to think they would just replace it but i dont know if it would be on 4.0.2, do they load that firmware on ipods now after manufacturing? its possible that if they dont it may just be on 4.0 which is no problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. kevintroy

kevintroy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just noticed on the Apple website they said that when you send it in, the ipod you receive back will not be the one you sent in, so there isnt really any point

5. Trisky

Trisky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If they give you a new device, it can be on firmware 4.0.2 or not, it depends on how new is their stock.

4.0.2 is really recent, probably your going to get a 4.0

Yes, I guess

6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They either give you a refurbished one or replace everything except the main board (with refurbished parts).
  7. kevintroy

kevintroy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I managed to fix the problem by restoring it again :S the first time it went straight into recovery mode, and it worked the 2nd time, no idea what happened
  8. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's lucky lol.
  9. kevintroy

kevintroy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yup, im guessing it was something that I had on my ipod causing it to not work :S
  10. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sometimes they'll replace what you send in. Though the sooner you do it the better so they use their "old" stock not running 4.0.2.