Semi-Tethered Graphical Interface?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by gojohnnyboi, Feb 12, 2009.

?

Should I create it?

1. Do it! I will <3 u :)

93 vote(s)
    86.9%
  2. Nah, I'm good.

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Okay, so some of you know I am not for the idea of a large number of GUI programs all doing the same thing, however I haven't seen any programs like this for the semi-tethered jailbreak.

My question to you is:

Should I myself make one? It would have:

1. Ability to detect the mode of the iPod.
    2. A DFU helper, to assist you into DFU mode.
    3. Both bootup and jailbreak assistants.
    4. A very nice, clean interface allowing you to choose which kernel to boot from, a firmware creator, and no need for libusb.

Also, all the usb and ipsw creation techniques would be hard coded in to the application (meaning compiling the code in a more appropriate, most likely rewritten fashion from both xpwn and redj0hnny to remove the need for pre-compiled binaries that need executed from the app), which is always more stable.

I know a lot of you trust me as I am an experienced programmer and have been on the forums for quite some time.

Let me know.

-John
  2. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do it. That would be great. Oh and what OS's would it support
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

For windows... yes.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

That'd be awesome.
  5. gojohnnyboi

I myself can make one for OS X, however if we want windows support, I will have to call in a favor from an experienced windows programmer. (Not visual basic, as you can't incorperate c++ in that I don't believe)
  6. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

7. gojohnnyboi

If some of it will be interface builder and such, it will be hard to provide the source code short of uploading the whole XCode project; I suppose I could do that.

I've began to write it, and it is written it a mix of c++ and objective c, what we like to call Objective-C++
  8. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    dude u should do this. Make a program for people who havent jailbroken yet, and onr for people who have and want to keep their stuff. Like me, i have my settings and themes just the way i like them, and i really dont wanna lose it. Thats really the only thing holding me back from going semi-tethered. So like if u made the program so that i could keep my stuff. Oh and make it for windows. Yeah... awesome idea man.
  9. slonate

slonate Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would love that, but it must have ppc support.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. gojohnnyboi

I think XCode allows that if I am not mistaken, so you guys will be set.

For those wondering about the USB connections: I am using a mix of libusb (which will be statically linked against the application), and the official iTunes MobileDevice framework, which provides me with handy things such as notifications of iPhone/iPod connection changes, and ability to automatically boot in to recovery mode, send commands, files etc...