[Semi Tethered] Cydia troubles...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by xvenom89, Feb 24, 2009.

1. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please do not leave me any suggestions for how to do this using Windows because I did this and will continue to do this on a Mac. Anyway, I just jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G using the Semi Tethered method and all seemed to go well. It booted up with the Cydia icon on the springboard, so (for testing purposes) I clicked it and it crashed instantly. Then I put it back in DFU and ran the scripts necessary to boot into the jailbroken state. The commands I used first were the ones included with RedJolt 1.02 Beta (1-click mode or the 4 individual buttons). I tried both methods and then tried this:

./rslite
    !iBSS211.dfu
    ./rslite
    #pwn211ibss.txt
    !iBSS221pwn.dfu
    ./rslite
    !iBoot221semi.img3
    ./rslite
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720p
    ./rslite
    fsboot

The problem is that Cydia still fails to boot. While entering commands, when I get to the "!iBoot221semi.img3" command, the iPod boots up with the Apple logo no matter what and goes straight to the "Slide to Unlock" screen. There is no recovery mode shown at all.

When trying to run the next commands I get this error:

-bash: setenv: command not found

This is when I do it manually, using the 4 buttons, or the 1-click mode. My question to you is "How do I fix this?". I don't know how to get those last commands to work. Please help me out here. I'd really appreciate it.
  2. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It seems as if the patched kernel is not able to boot. Try doing the jailbreak manually.
  3. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As in following the guide? I did that already and could not get Cydia to show up at ALL on the springboard. Nobody in the "guide" for how to semi-tether using a mac got it working last time I checked the thread, anyway.
  4. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is a video that has a premade custom ipsw that works so you don't have to make it. All you do is restore then use decovery to boot.
  5. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I watched that video and downloaded the folder. It's on wildta's youtube channel. That got me where I am now. What does "decovery" do? Is it some windows application or is it for mac, too?

EDIT:
    Nvm, I found "Decovery" here:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144030&highlight=decovery

EDIT2:
    I managed to figure it out. Thanks for the hint. Lock this thread if you want to, mods.
  6. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I can help you tommorow if that's ok. I'm not on my computer.
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    na, I think he got it to work now.