Semi-broken 1G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by toprow, Oct 15, 2009.

1. toprow

toprow New Member

Last year, I had lost my 1G iPod touch at school. After resigning myself to the fact I would never get it back, I got a call from the lost and found.

When I got it back, there was condensation between the cover and the iPod, so I figured I dropped it outside and dew got in.

Later, I began having problems with the battery to the point where it would be stuck on the 'charge battery' screen, and would turn off. I shipped it to a unaffiliated iPod repair store, where they told me the logic board was irreperable, and could be replaced at 200$. Since this was the cost of a refurbished 16 gb 1G, (mine was 8), I declined. When I got the iPod back, it was completely dead. I never used it again.

However, 6 months later, when I inadvertantly pressed the power button, it turned on. It's charge behaviour is erratic, jumping from 5% to 45 % in 5 minutes, then discharging just as fast. However, I am not stuck on the recharge screen.

I am not actively using it, because it might return to a completely unusable condition. Do you guys think it would be worth it to try to repair this myself, or should I just admit that it's just a paperweight?
  2. Frostbite714

Frostbite714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    pfth, its a paper weight. sorry for your loss, but its time to get a 3G.
  3. sambalayne

sambalayne Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you have a stereo with a dock you could just sync it and you it as part of your stereo