Semi-Bricked iPod 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jorzzaa, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Jorzzaa

Jorzzaa New Member

Hey one day i was listening to music while just riding around on my bike...
    i opened up SBsettings and then..i do not know why press refresh to see how much memory i had left

Please Register or Log in to view images

well...turns out my ipod had to load....AND load...
    AND load!
    so i held power and home for 10 secs...
    sweet
    back to the connect to itunes screen...i plug it in TRY restore and ya....it gets to the apple logo and progress bar and then disconnects itself from my computer and then reconnects. ive tried restoring with Official firmware custom firmware...
    new itunes 8.1.1 or whatever

Help please?
    ):
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU and restore to the stock firmware.
  3. Jorzzaa

Jorzzaa New Member

I tried putting it in DFU but it does not show a message saying that it has found a device...does this mean no DFU for me?
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I give up on the forum LOL. I literally, and actually counting, have seen >10 threads already on this SAME TOPIC. READDDDDFASFDASFADSF

DFU -> Restore is always possible, regardless of any other factors in play (considering you didn't completely be a moron, override signature and range checks, and try to to f*** your nor0 by writing all over it with bdev).
  5. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's no such thing as not being able to put your iPod in DFU Mode. And your iPod can't be bricked, semi-bricked, a quarter-bricked, ect. It just can't be. Period.

Anyway, it seems like your not putting it into DFU mode right. Use a timer if you have to.

Home+Power for 10 seconds.
    Home for 8 seconds.
  6. Yoyo987454

Yoyo987454 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    watch some youtube videos and see how to put your ipod into DFU mode.

NO ipod touch can be bricked, NONE!!!!!
  7. Jorzzaa

Jorzzaa New Member

bro. ive tried putting it into DFU mode countless times. im able to get it to the white screen, normal apple logo...progress bar...then it disconects and then reconnects...ive tried on 4 computers with the same result..
  8. CHC

CHC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happend with me when i was restoring and used DHowett's verbose patch, it seems to always wish to boot the iPod into recovery mode as a pose to DFU mode, how i stopped that was erasing iboot and the llb from the nor, in iRecovery boot into recovery mode and do "bdev erase nor0 0x8000" i believe, i'm not entirely sure, if that fails upload a random file and do "bdev write nor0 0x8000" and restore, if you can't get into recovery mode, put your iPod into DFU mode, upload the 2.1.1 iBSS and do the redsn0w commands, then do the commands I said, then try restore your iPod
  9. Taitac

Taitac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use QuickFreedom, just follow the steps it has...it will reboot your device in a proper state (white screen) when you enter DFU mode....its the only program that i used when i had something similar and worked.