Selling You're iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by iDan, Aug 30, 2008.

1. iDan

iDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've seen like twelve threads trying to sell their iPod touch's today.
    It's probably because people are trying to sell out the Touch's before the second generation.
    In that case people are sort of stupid I mean - Even if apple releases information of the second generation its going to go out for retail somewhere between 6-12+ months after the announcement!
    And second of all- why sell it here?
    Sell it on ebay where the site was designed for auctions and you can get at least 100$ more then you'll ever get here!
    Besides isn't it against the forum rules and it clog up the forum with useless threads?
    I can't think of any other reasons why but COME ON.
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    People sell there ipods here sometimes to see if anyone's interested. Cause it's a IPOD TOUCH forum.

I'm tryin to TRADE my 32G for an iphone. Not all of us are waiting for the new ipod touch.
  3. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does't matter if they have to wait 6-12 months after the official announcement. As soon as apple announces it, they will also announce the (more than likely) price drop, and therefore as soon as people hear they can get a new 16GB touch for around 300$ they wont bother doing what they're doing now paying around 325$ for a current generation, and therefore, people wont be able to sell there Touches and make enough to get a new one, so they ditching em now, why they can still get decent cash for it.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, they are not breaking the rules, because they are posting in the MARKETPLACE area, the PLACE where you MARKET things.
  4. iDan

iDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But why sell it here? Its disorganized, and you wont get a run for your money.
    AND Prices might drop but there will always be a need in the market and it might be increased because after the announcement apple will most likely STOP selling iPods.
    Look at the old iPhone (not saying its the same circumstance with all the contract plans) But its being sold right now for 800-1500$
    Take that for a price drop.
    Im just commenting to the increase in sales in the past couple of days- the only thing thats different is the roumer of a new generation (Which is still not 100% anyways)
  5. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    some people have really had experiences with ebay, like my brother - he bought a wii for £180 and no1 ever sent him the wii, we tried to sell his phone for ages but Nigerians kept biding ridiculous prices and emailing him after the auction and saying i cant afford that price and ditching him and when you sold the phone at last a few weeks later someone sent it back with a different broken phone claiming it was broken and my brother refused to pay him back and paypal took the money out of his account and shut his account down,
    enouugh with that, some people dont like ebay
  6. iDan

iDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea but it has to be more effective then this; try craigslist
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

the "Marketplace" section is here so people can sell stuff.
    selling stuff doesnt really disorganize anything unless they posted it in the wrong place.
  8. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. usually when apple announces an ipod refresh, they've already begun shipping them, and they arrive in store in a matter of days.

2. sell an 8GB ipod touch before announcment = $199
    sell an 8GB ipod touch after announcment = $99

3. I sold the free ipod touch I got with my iMac here, and I put it up on ebay, I got three bids for it here before I even got someone watching the item on ebay. Organized bidding doesn't always help.

now quit complaing like a little baby about how other people sell there stuff...when someone steals your ipod and sells it via forum instead of ebay, then you can complain, but until then just keep it to yourself!(especialy if its something you havent even tried yet you NOOB!)