Selling old iphone to someone who doesnt want data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FizzyPop14, Jul 11, 2010.

1. FizzyPop14

FizzyPop14 New Member

What I would like to do is sell my old iPhone 3g to someone who doesnt want to use AT & T at all (Basically use the phone like an iTouch) He wants to be able to sync his library and restore the phone. How should I do this? I will be activating my new ip4 tomorrow and then I want to sell him the phone, should I leave the sim in or take it out? Im not willing to jailbreak.

Will the phone being deactivated by the new one being activated be enough? Or will I have to do something else? Thanks.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    take the sim out.
  3. fergusoni

fergusoni Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah keep the sim
  4. FizzyPop14

FizzyPop14 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. So if I take the sim out he will be able to use the phone without jailbreaking or activating it with AT & t?
  5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup, take out the SIM card. Also, you might want to restore it yourself before you give it to him for security reasons. But if you're too lazy to, then atleast make sure to log out of your Mail, iTunes, and AppStore accounts. And I'm not too sure about this one, because I don't own an iPhone, but I don't think he can use it like an iPod Touch without jailbreaking it or unlocking the SIM card. But I guess he could figure out how to do that. Especially because it is an iPhone 3g. There are jailbreaks and unlocks already out for it. So it's all good.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    if he restores it will need to be hacktivated.