Selling my iPod after the 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mcjones92, Aug 10, 2009.

1. mcjones92

mcjones92 New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I want to sell my iPod touch 2g after the 3g comes out because my mom uses it quite a bit for her facebook, and technically it isn't mine because I didn't pay for it. So I was wondering how much I probably could get for my iPod touch.

iPod touch 16gb
    2 cases
    jailbroken 3.0 firmware
    2 year warranty to best buy (ends April 2011)
    tons of legally bought apps

I paid $375 all together.

Or I was wondering...(don't call me cheap for this, I just don't want to lay down another $300+ for another iPod.)

could I use my warranty to attempt to return my iPod and get lucky and they exchange it? I heard my friend say he did this at sams club with his iPod nano 2g for a 3g after his screen broke.

I would much rather do the second option but that doesn't seem practical. If that won't work, how much do you think I could sell my iPod touch 2g for with all the included stuff I listed? And how could I maximize how much I get?

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Don't mess around with the warranty stuff. Chances are you won't even get a new model.

Depending on the physical condition of the iPod, you could probably sell it for $225-$250. (If you wait until after the 3G is released, you won't get as much.)