Selling iPod touch... Any advice?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by _JKK_, Jun 22, 2009.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    In about a week (or so...

Please Register or Log in to view images

) I am going to sell my 1st generation iPod touch 8GB on eBay. I have some questions though... So here they are. Thanks in advance for any input.

1. Since I am going to include the 3.0 update on the iPod, should I advertise it on the eBay page?

2. Should I offer to jailbreak it (at their request, it isn't a big deal, I have done it many times)?

3. How much for I ask for it? It is in verygood condition. There has been a case on my baby since day one...

Also, everything that it came with is still in the box, and I will ship it in the box. So, considering that, about how much should I ask for it?

4. Is there anything else I should know? I am going to use the money to get the 3rd generation iPod touch (when it becomes available).

Also, please don't say wait, the 3rd generation isn't even out. I know that. I really do. But I want to upgrade for at least the speakers and the speed (both of which it is fairly certain to have). Anything extra is just that: extra.

Oh, and to any moderators: Sorry, I didn't really know where to post this. If it shouldn't be here, please move it

2. gammaraptor

gammaraptor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe about $150 if it's really in great condition
    Don't include the update, but do jailbreak it.
  3. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, it is in good shape. But I am wondering if I should jailbreak it, or just offer to. Also, why shouldn't I add 3.0?

Oh, and it comes with 2 cases. One rubber, one leather DLO hipcase. Would that do anything to the price?
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

i think you can get 200, easily. on amazon a new 1st gen is 280, 8gb.
    150 base for the ipod
    10 for the update
    40 for the cases (lets say)

ya i think 200 would be good for it, since you are saying its in great condition.
  5. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, cool. Yeah, I have loved my baby very much, and taken care of it. Heck, it has like 4 scratches on the back.
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. yes its worth $10

2. yes, say what you can do w/ jailbreak etc...

3. with case... maybe $200... but the current refurb on apple's website is $180, if they bothered to look there
  7. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So I could start the bid at 140 maybe? Or would that be too much, ya think?
  8. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

maybe 120???
    it definitely wont sell for that much, a lot more, but wait for more people to post i dont have too much experience with this
  9. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, 125 maybe. That sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll find something else to throw in there as well. I don't really know. But anyone else have any insight? Sorry, but I am trying to sell this thing for as high as reasonable possible. I'd like to not spend to much on my new iPod, when I get it.
  10. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

What? I would say just the opposite. As a buyer, the update would be one of the primary things to look for. You could use it to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the whole thing, too.

On the eBay auction, put that you have jailbroken iPods before, but that the iPod you are selling is not jailbroken. Add that jailbreaking voids the warranty, but offer it at the buyers request.

Good luck with getting the touch 3G or the touch S when it comes out! I'm interested to see if a jailbreak will ever surface. It's easy to suspect that it won't ever happen, but that's what a lot of people said about the 2G.