Selling iPod Touch 1st Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tuatra, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Tuatra

Tuatra New Member

hey guys, i am wishing to sell my iPod Touch 1st gen (8gb) that is 1 year 4 monthes old, because it is my birthday tomorrow and i want the money to get the iPod Touch 2nd gen etc.
    Im wanting to sell on Ebay and i was wondering how much it would go for.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It includes a belkin leather case valued at like $25, and the iPod is in good condition, it is running on OS 2.2 and is jailbroken. (I can always unjailbreak).

If you want to see the images of it to determine the pricing, please click the link below:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40010029@N02/sets/72157620664460671/
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is not an offer, but I would say it is worth somewhere between $70 and $100.

However, I would wait until September to be an iPod. Expect a third gen iPod touch.
  3. Tuatra

Tuatra New Member

oh really? i thought possibly at least $115. I should wait until September for third gen? Are you sure it will be out then. Plus, will it be jailbroken quickly etc.
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, there's some clues indicating to the release of a new iPod touch. The line is usually refreshed around September, so I advice that you wait until then.

As to whether it will be jailbroken right away, no one knows because it hasn't even been released yet. Remember the 2G took several months. I'm not suggesting a similar situation may arise with the 3G, but who knows.

5. Tuatra

Tuatra New Member

Maybe not...

hmmm i'm really looking foward to a new one. I know if i get it i will regret it as soon as the new one comes out. Oh well, i just called my mum to tell her not to worry bout the iPod Touch...I guess i'll wait for christmas

After all, it reeeeally only has added speakers, volume control, faster wifi and not worth replacing my current iPod Touch 1st gen..