Selling contents on iTuens Store and App Store

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by helenddh, Jun 17, 2009.

1. helenddh

helenddh New Member

Hi,

I have a question regarding the process of selling stuff on iTunes Store and App Store. We are a digital content company and we have songs/MV/graphic comics produts that we would like to sell on iTunes Store/App Store. I understand that we need to registerfor Content Provider in order to sell contents in iTunes Store. However, for graphic comics there's no such category under iTunes Store, but there's a "Books" category in App Store. Is it the right place that we sell our e-Comics products (sell songs/videos in iTunes Store and sell comic books in App Store)?

Also, can anyone tell us what media format we're supposed to submit for songs (.wav?), video (mpeg4? mov? avi?) and eBooks (PDF? HTML?) and the resolution/size limit etc.? Any useful detailed information would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much~
  2. darkmess

darkmess Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Signing up as a Content Provider should allow you to seek all the information that you may need, as it would not be right for Apple to say 'sign up and you're on your own.'

I think contacting Apple directly will be a more fruitful source of information.
  3. binaryhermit

binaryhermit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think Apple sells eBooks.
  4. mkrznaric

mkrznaric New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they don't. They sell audio books to be listened to on the iPod, as none of the iPods have a PDF feature, it would be pointless to sell them.