Selling 16GB for 32GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joe91, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Joe91

Joe91 New Member

I have a 16GB touch and just found out about the new 32GB models. Currently I only have a gig or two left on my current one and I don't have the space I need.

If I sold my 16GB on eBay for example, or just to a friend - how much are they worth? It is still in great condition with minor scratches on the back. There is a few marks on the top of the screen but I am going to buy something to get rid of that also.

I had a 30GB 5.5G before my touch and only managed to fill about 19GB before I sold it and upgraded to the Touch.

Cheers guys.
  2. Joe91

Joe91 New Member

I am not asking for buyers here, I am simply asking how much they are still worth second hand.

I thought I posted in the correct board...
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ah, guess I misunderstood. It'd probably be worth $350 or so depending on how scratched up it was, and how generous the buyer was. Since it's used at least $325.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Joe. Do you use Playlists? Or do you just dump all your music on your iPod?

Cause thats what you should do. USE PLAYLISTS and save yourself 200 dollars.
  5. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

they are worth whatever someone will buy it off of you for. if it's jb you might be able to (using your amazing powers of sales) sell it for more than even $400 to like a rich a**wipe noob at school. (that's usually where you'll find them)
  6. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doesn't it cost $400 brand new?

$300 +
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah well I suggest selling it to a friend he might just buy i for 350 if your lucky.

Ebay is sometimes not the way to go, because you have to pay ebay fees and paypal fees, in the end you end up giving them like 5% or what your final sale is, not to mention about 10 in paypal fees, that is unless you just take money orders, or checks, then you just pay the ebay fees.
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought my 16GB at launch and when the time rolled around where 1.1.3 was released and everyone was panicking about not being able to jaibreak it, I sold it for about $375 used.
  9. TonyThriller

TonyThriller New Member

Its so funny how thats actually true lol