Sell my Ipod Touch 1g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdparikh, Dec 19, 2008.

1. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Hey...after checking out the 2g and all the sweet cases out for it, I'm really tempted to get it. The problem is that I don't have the money to pay for it, so I would have to sell my 1g first. How much do you think I could get for the 1g 16 gb now? Its in solid condition and I've had it since mid august. From what I remember, I bought it for $375 or so. The 2g 16gb is $299.
  2. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    do not sell! u hav the wonderful gift of JAILBREAK! us ipod touch 2g users ust dream of cydia and installer rite nw...the 2g will take time to be jailbroken(hopefully!)
    16gig is for 299 without taxes and 8gig is for 229.
  3. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

I used to have it jailbroken, but only for themes. I don't really care about jailbreaking anymore. What is the most I can expect to get? Which websites should I sell on.
  4. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Best buy has first gen 16gb for 229 usd without tax. So if i were you i would expect 200 or less.
  5. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I bought a 16 GB one for $155 last week. I had bought a 1G when it first came out and took it back because I didnt have that much of a use for it. My brother has a 2G ipod touch, and although the app store is fantastic, I love being able to jailbreak mine. The only feature I'd want is speakers, but I can live without them.
  6. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Personally, Do you think its worth it? Is the 2g really that much better...worth the extra ~$100 considering I get $200 for mine?
  7. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Unless you're looking to jailbreak yours, it's probably worth it if you think you will be using the speakers a lot. I tend to use my ipod in busy places, where I use my earphones anyway, so the speakers wouldn't do that much for me.
  8. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

I don't really care much about the speakers. I've just heard that the internet and overall speed of it is faster. Also, it looks much sleeker. I think I'm just gonna stick with the 1g though. I'm happy with it.
  9. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If it's in really good condition, imagine how much it will be in 30 years? =)