SEIDIO Inno.case now shipping

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by saysay, Feb 7, 2008.

1. saysay

saysay New Member

2. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I dunno about this one, it looks a little TOO simple for tastes and looks like you'll need a screen protector anyway. And with that price they slapped on it you'd be better off buying a capsule touch case.
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

Nice. Keeps the thin look to the ipod, and makes it seem just as sexy. I'm sure the rubber gives is a great grip to. If I didn't already invest in a Griffin case, I would buy this.
  4. saysay

saysay New Member

If you can't afford $3 or $5 more, you probably go broke buying the ipod itself. If you're talking about production cost, the difference is probably in cents. The capsuletouch isn't rubberized aluminum with felt on the inside. It's just plastic with some other plastic components.

I really don't see what you're saying about it being too simple....you want it to have a belt clip and rubber bumps all around?
  5. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay, without being a douche, think about this realistically. Just about every case on the market goes for about 25, more or less by 2 bucks at most. This case is like 7 bucks more and gives you nothing more than an outer shell casing. The ones that cost more generally give you a bit more than just a case(capsule), while the cheaper ones give you a bit less(incase). And by simple I mean they could've added something to the exterior to make it look like it could take a real fall, I hear everything's fine for keeping the iPod safe on the inside, but I don't give a crap about that when I go to get a case. I want something that can stand a fall, this case, doesn't LOOK like it can. Key word, look.
  6. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Where are you looking for prices? I just ask because you name the Capsule Touch as an example of a case that costs more but gives you a bit more, and the Incase as one that is cheaper and gives you less... but Incase sells theirs for $29.95 plus shipping cost (which for me in NYC is over 8 bucks at the slowest shipping) and the black Capsule Touch sells for $29.99 from the Switcheasy site after shipping... so if anything, the Capsule is cheaper AND it gives you more compared to the Incase (unless the Incase comes with something other than the case that I'm not aware of). In any event, given these numbers, and not knowing anything more about the Innocase, I'd say that the Capsule is a better deal but I'd probably take the Innocase over the Incase.
  7. saysay

saysay New Member

So what kind of "extras" would justify the price? Useless "film" overlays and bits of other plastic don't really do anything (do you have the capsuletouch?). and anything for $25 is usually cheap clear acrylic/silicone cuz most cases are $30.

The damage from any fall can only be the screen cracking, the bezel chipping, and the back getting scratched up. What could possibly happen that would make the ipod unsafe? Nothing will crack, chip, or scratch. The rubber finish will probably absorb more shock than the thick capsuletouch and the case itself won't scratch or get smudges.
  8. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah I was talking essentially a film for the screen. They might not work that well but they are far from useless. And no I don't have a capsule touch, I heavily thought about getting it but I didn't want all that bulk. I got an Invisibile Shield to protect it and a Incase for shock absortion, not many cases support the IS is why. :/
  9. saysay

saysay New Member

but the capsuletouch doesn't come with a film and cases like the iclear come with really crappy films.
    I would go for your combo setup too, best out there. But the seidio protects just as good with better feel and looks sexy too. I was thinking I could just cut my own IS like I did for my ipod classic. Total cost to cut one is less than a dime and it works perfectly.
  10. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

From reviews I've seen, the Capsule Touch comes with not one, but two screen protectors. They're not like the films that come with some other skins/cases that actually stick to the front of the Touch, but instead they're a separate insert that inserts into the Capsule and overlays the screen.