Sega has made $70,000 already!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by tylobedo, Jul 10, 2008.

1. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes with over 10,000 super monkey ball downloads already at 9.99 thats $100,000! minus apples cut thats $70,000! just think how many there will be 2 marro? with the 3g iphone release and ipod touch official 2.0. plus the slowpokes who didn't get super monkey ball 2 day! i am willing to be by the end of tomarro they will have reached 40,000 sales, rougly $280,000!
  2. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

ugh ha wow
    i wish i was steve jobs
  3. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Lucky Him

Please Register or Log in to view images

bussines is bussines
  4. element_skater_dude

element_skater_dude New Member

Thats good profit. Didn't it only take a couple weeks for them to move the game to the ipod/iphone? it was a smart move
  5. RenegadeGeth

RenegadeGeth Banned

That is not a lot when you think about it in todays terms...i guess it is a good success with the ipod/phone. It is nothing compared to Halo and GTA on their opening days but then again they are videogames and not ipods....(and they cost 6x as much)
  6. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yah but halo and gta where also 6x as much and much more people had the platform and every1 who had the platform to use it was capible of buying it. Plus those games took along time to make.
  7. RenegadeGeth

RenegadeGeth Banned

Yeah...but the payout is signifangantly more and to a much larger crowd...i agree there. The monkey ball is 70,000 while halo was in the millions.
  8. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Wow nice. Sega pwns. LOL.
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

that game doesnt even look that good. i dont know why everyone likes it. seems kind childish.
  10. Jadyks

Jadyks New Member

Halo's profit was not as astounding as you may think... the years of development, the tonnage of man hours, the packaging and marketing and delivery and everything... the profit's very small.

They've already sold 10,000 Super Monkey Balls, for a few weeks of development by maybe two people, no packaging, no delivery.

???

Lots of relative profit.