Seeqpod, anyone miss them?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dong1225, Dec 3, 2009.

1. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now all you "3rd" gen first time iPod touch owners wouldn't know anything about it but once upon a time, there had been an era where everything in this one website was peaceful and harmonious.

This magical land of the InterWebz was called seeqpod.com and it was a music search site which would also support direct playback of the musics it found on the InterWebz! It even had a iPod/iPhone version of mobile site and provided hours of listening pleasure whenever you had an internet connection.
    Sounds Awesome right?

However, the evil dark lawyers of the record comapnies sued the living crap out of seeqpod, threatning to shove themselves up the @$$ of the seeqpod staffs one by one if they didn't take down the site immediately.

While this was a complete blasphemy seeing how seeqpod was not hosting any musics on their sites but nevertheless, they had to take the site down in fear of the evil lawyers and now is in exile, hiding under a cover of "SeeqPod ecosystem sites" to evade the wrath of the lawyers.

Now enough with the story telling and lets get to the buisiness

Do you guys miss em? or is life going good enough without them?

I know this might be off topic but I just really miss how it has been back then. It was perfect! but now not.
    It was like being kicked out from the Garden of Eden!
  2. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Once upon a time, there was no App store. Every download from Installer (yes, INSTALLER) risked ruining your ipod. Those were the good days, the 1.1 days.
  3. goldfishandcat

goldfishandcat New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this^^^^
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i really enjoyed the jailbreaking scene back at 1.1.3. there were new releases of new and different things almost everyday!!! its just a feeling that none of the 2g (2.2. users) and 3g (3.0 and above) users will never understand
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1.1.x jailbreaking was great, but there's much more being offered now in terms of tweaks and mods.

Anyway, I just use skreemr.com. Works pretty much the same, there's just no mobile version.