Seeking way to recover photos from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willrob, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willrob

Willrob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Through some software/hardware anomoly when I tried to reply to an e-mail I was taken to the recent phone call screen on the phone app. The phone then froze and subsequently went into recovery mode. This happened while I was on a trip and had mayb 300 photos on the phone that were not backed up yet.

I'm not assuming the worst (i.e. - that I won't be able to restore the phone), but I know that restoring will not only remove my apps and music—which I can easily replace—but will permanently remove the photos, which I cannot replace.

I've tried getting out of recovery mode using the two button technique, but with no success. Photo recovery programs don't see the phone. Someone suggested I tru iNdependence which might get it back to its normal mode; but that piece of software stopped being developed long before iTunes 8.02 came out.

Can anyone suggest a way to recover the photos? Or how to get out of recovery mode? If I dowgrade to an warlier version of ITunes (to try iNdependence) will that screw up my iTunes library?
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you have SSH access? If so, the photos are all in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE.
  3. Willrob

Willrob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope, no SSH. I've never jailbroken the phone. It's frustrating to have all these tools (CyberDuck, iNdependence, iLiberty+) that could help me, but none of them see the phone. I did find a web site for a company that claims they can retrieve photos from phones like mine, but i haven't heard back from them.
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    iPhonebrowser. Go into DCIM
  5. Applerish10

Applerish10 Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Umm he's not jailbroken....
  6. deleted account 43

deleted account 43 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    He only needs to be jailbroken if he wants to have root access. I don't know about iPhonebrowser, but I know that iFunbox let's you look under /var, which is where the DCIM folder is.
  7. pandaa

pandaa Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is true.
    The end of the five spammers that joined tonight. Finally.
  8. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yay!
    Over a month later, some other douche bumps up the thread -_-

@OP: Anyway, if you still care, and you have a Mac and you've synced your iPhone recently, you can try to use JuicePhone to get the pictures out of your backup.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.