Security on Jailbroken Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by camickcwr, Apr 22, 2009.

1. camickcwr

camickcwr New Member

Ok, I have a few questions, and they may seem a little strange to some of you. I would like to jailbreak my ipod touch but I have a few concerns about it's customization. Is it possible to setup security for internet access on a jailbroken touch? I want to jailbreak but I want to retain the internet security
    (such as the removal of safari). Or can I customize it so that I can't access the net without an access code? And also is there a way to create secure folders?
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    removal of safari? yes, with cydelete but bad news probly.
    you can set up password protection for any app or folder you create by getting madvblock from cydia. it puts a password on the app so right when you touch an icon you have to input the password. if you get that, you can create folders with an app called categories and secure those folders. also, you can enable restrictions of certain apple apps in settings with no jailbreak required.
  3. sfpsp

sfpsp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lockdown also does this. D:.
    If you're going to delete Safari, make a backup first. You can just hide it using "Poof" to be safer.