Security code billing information for apps problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 15weedm, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 15weedm

15weedm New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Every time I try to get any app, free or paid it says I have to sign in to continue. Then it asks for my account password. I type it in and again it tells me to sign in to continue. It tells me there is a billing problem and my security code is invalid. I type in the security code but it still says it is invalid. The card number is right and I don't owe money. I have a gift card with seven dollars left on my account. How do I get apps? I've tried syncing my iPod on the computer? What's wrong and how do I fix it? Plz help
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you make sure the account name is correct? Did your sync work? Maybe you could try contacting apple. And welcome!!
  3. 15weedm

15weedm New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Touchfan's advice wasn't that great
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Let's break down this problem into steps:

1) Is your iPod synced to your iTunes account via the computer, and are you signed into your iTunes account on the iPod?

2) Can you sign into the iTunes account on the computer with the same password, to make sure the issue is not a password-related one?

3) Are there any other App Store applications in the Shopping Cart if you're using that? It sounds like iTunes is trying to 'buy' an app but the information you've given it is invalid (fake, expired, or over-limit credit card with a verfication code that doesn't match).

4) Are you in Canada? App Store in Canada does not allow purchases of iTunes apps with iTunes credit - only credit cards. Also, make sure you're actually 'buying' a free app and maybe try to sync it onto your iPod via iTunes on the computer, just to confirm your iTunes account isn't blocked from purchasing software.

5) Try to sync software on and off the iPod via iTunes, to ensure that you are able to sync software onto it in the first place. This also lets you test out the password in iTunes, and makes sure you can download software on that account you're using.

Touchfan1234 WAS trying to help, and we've got rules about politeness here. It would also have helped more if you could've said what about his response wasn't 'very helpful', as well as any information on what other troubleshooting steps you've done so far.
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sorry, I was just trying to think of issues I had, and how I fixed them.
  6. 15weedm

15weedm New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its cool ^^^^^ I'm sorry 4 saying that
  7. 15weedm

15weedm New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Still no solution
  8. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    on the ipod go to:
    Settings -> Store
    Click sign out and try all of your information on there. Post results.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Where is the Security Code? What is it?
  10. azjazzman94

azjazzman94 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    way to epiclly bump