Second version of iPhone 4...fact or fiction???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blackheart, Oct 17, 2010.

1. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello dear people,

It's been an year since I unlocked my 3GS on 3.1.2 and ever since, I haven't said a thing in here...SHAME ON ME. My 3GS lies dead in 3 pieces(shame on my girlfriend) in its box while I'm waiting for my iPhone 4.

I ordered a black 32GB iPhone4 from Orange, Romania and it should be here by next week. They told me that I had to wait because the first stock was called in by apple and an iPhone 4 has yet to be sold(officially) in Romania. Could it mean that apple has fixed the death-grip, hence the delay in some countries? I know the 4.0.1 features a software "fix" for the signal representation, but I'm asking about a potential hardware fix. I will be posting more information once I get my hands on the damn phone, but until then...any sort of information regarding the issue is highly appreciated.

Hope you're all well and healthy and working on unlocking Apple's 4th Jewel.
  2. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    perhaps, but perhaps not... only way to find out is to test. The issue doesn't even affect me because I'm right handed. (The deathgrip issue presents itself when the bottom left corner is cupped in your hand)
  3. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They couldn't have fixed the hardware this quickly.. Even so, the jailbreak lies within the A4 chip, so all they would have to do would be update that to A5.. Which people would expect more since apple bragged about the powerful A4
  4. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Agreed, and they wouldn't update to a new chip just yet, it would piss way too many people off. Especially me who just bought the iPhone on friday.
  5. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The beauty has arrived...

I finally got my black 32gb iPhone 4 in the mail a few days ago! I'm actually posting from it this time and I'm holding it as hard as I can! There is no death grip on my iPhone... God knows I tried so many times! It was on 4.0.2 and locked on Orange Romania, even though it was $800! I'm not planning to jailbreak it anytime soon as I don't need it! It's almost identical to the US version except for the fact that I got a sim ejector tool and the manuals are in russian and romanian! Cheers!!!
  6. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Nope, they wont fix it for the iPhone 4...

and it's there, it's not fixed, the death grip doesnt happen on all of em...