Second generation with Porto Go!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jocke89, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Jocke89

Jocke89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys, couldn't find any topic about this so I think I make one of my own

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think i'm going to buy the new ipod touch and I now have the old 16gb.
    I also have the Audio Pro porto go speaker for it and I'm curious if it will be compatible with the new ipod touch??

Do someone know if it is? I have myself sent an email to Audio pro and I will post the awnser here but untill then someone might already know the awnser.

Imo it shouldn't be a problem but when I check on apple store you can't find any specefic speakers for the new ipod touch so I started to wonder....
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes it should be, since it still same platform with same software, so serial io on dock response the same way as iPhone/iPoT.
  3. Jocke89

Jocke89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okey thanks.

I got an awnser from audio pro and they said as follows:
    " All the information we've got from apple is that the new ipod still got the same intreface as the old one. Although we haven't tried this for real since we don't have a copy of the new ipod touch yet. We also haven't had time to manufacture a new docking adapter for the 2g touch but soon we will."
  4. Freegoo

Freegoo New Member

Well, I think my 1g touch came with it's own dock adapter. Those are standard aren't they, or does the new one no longer supply the adapters? I checked the unboxing screenshots and couldn't tell if the adapters were or were not included.
  5. Jocke89

Jocke89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Honestly I don't care much about the dock adapters I never use them, but if there is a docking adapter with the new ipod touch then it should fit the speaker because the old one did

Please Register or Log in to view images