Second Gen itouch and OS4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mattbod, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Mattbod

Mattbod New Member

Hello i recently upgraded to the latest operating system and wish Ihadn't as it has slowed the device right down. My Apple store has refused to put the old OS3 firmware on it and told me to do this restore which involves connecting to itunes and holding power and the button on the front together for 10 seconds and then releasing the power button?? i haven't done this yet as they used some geek speak DPU restore or something???

I can live with the slowness but it's annoying, any ideas or is this apple saying time for a new device!
  2. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    They're saying restore... Just restore it if you think the speed is annoying.
  3. iBxMunCHiN

iBxMunCHiN New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    heres is the reason you cant go back to the old os. when ever they release a new firmware they stop signing the old one meaning. itunes will not grant permission to restore your device to any old software. the reason they did this i believe or been told is because. it is to reduce jailbreaking. when a firmware for an example 3.1.2 this firmware can be used to jailbreak so the next update will be harder to jailbreak and apple will also stop signing the old one so that jailbreakers cant use the old ios to jailbreak the will have to stay on the most recent which cant be jailbroken till later so on. So the only thing you can do is stay on 4.0 or 4.2 i recomend staying on 4.0 and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com