Second Gen Ipod Touch - when is it gonna be released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bravo2red, Mar 17, 2008.

1. bravo2red

bravo2red New Member

Hi,

I've got a quick question here;
    1. When do you think the second gen Ipod touch is gonna be released?
    2. Should I buy one know and when its released sell my old one and buy a new one?

Thanks For All Your Help anyway,
    Dan!
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Its probably not going to be release anytime soon...

The SDK just got released, and the update for it isnt release yet for it.

Probaby next year or something... hopefully...
  3. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Yeah, I do hope sometime next year. It's too early for Apple to keep rolling out with new iPods. Besides, what more can they add even before SDK rolls out. The update has to be significant to be called 2nd gen. It gives me some time to love my child more before having a new one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dranktherest

dranktherest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Honestly, I don't think Apple views the iPod Touch as a typical ipod. It is much more software oriented than the other "traditional" iPods, and I think that we are seeing the gradual step forward to the "second generation" with the software updates that Apple makes us pay for (the January-update App pack and the future App Store update). The only reason for there to be a full fledged second generation with the iPod Touch is a hardware upgrade, and I get the sense that apple is slightly against the addition of bluetooth and a microphone to the iPod Touch. A radio receiver would be nice, but it's not enough and we've seen with the release of the 32GB iPod touch that apple isn't trying to save up a bunch of hardware upgrades to release as the second generation. Eventually, there will be a next generation iPhone/iPod Touch but my guess is that it will not be too soon.
  5. bravo2red

bravo2red New Member

Basically should I buy my Ipod Touch now?
    Also as some of you guys having been saying ' gives me some time to love my child more before having a new one.'. - that is so true, I've been saving up for ages (I'm 13) and I'm vibrating I'm so excited but i have to get a 8GB because i cant afford the 16GB version
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sounds like me...

I'd buy now; it seems like you can't wait. Besides, by 2nd gen everyone will be looking forward to 3rd and so on.
  7. kevin552

kevin552 New Member

the 2nd gen ipod touch will probably not be jailbreakable ( and if it is apple is dumber than i thought ) so its worth getting the one currently out