iPhone 3G Second day, second iPhone 3G :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by talon90, Jan 13, 2009.

1. talon90

talon90 New Member

I made the jump to AT&T from Sprint on Sunday and picked up a new 16 GB iPhone 3G in black from my local Best Buy. Man, I love this phone and I'm happy with the service to this point. I had one problem with my first one. One minute the phone was working fine, in fact it worked awesome all day Monday. On my drive home I went to make a phone call and the back light died (completely) and I couldn't revive it. Once I got home I tried all the variations of restarting and powering off and on. I tried turning off the auto brightness level but could not even get the manual brightness slider to move. When I finally did, it had no effect.

Since I was only just over 24 hours from my purchase I did a restore to factory settings and off to Best Buy I went. Honestly, they were great. I was in and out in about 20 minutes with a shiny new iPhone. So far so good. They commented at the store that they had not seen anything like that before. Oh well...

Please Register or Log in to view images

All's well that ends well. I've got a new one and it was a fairly easy restore. I do like the iTunes backup and sync for that reason. I had close to 15 GB of applications, music, photos and video on my iPod Touch that I had synced to the phone so bringing it back to the new phone was easy (albeit a few hours of time). I hope this was just an isolated incident. Being able to still take it back to Best Buy made this less painful. Had this happened a month or so from now it won't be so easy.

Paul
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    comin back tomorrow for day 3?

also, your numbers are not showing.
  3. talon90

talon90 New Member

I have no problem with coming back but I hope it's with the same phone..lol.

Thanks for the catch on the number, I spell checked them right out of the post.

4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh cool.. I am on Sprint.. Just posted a topic about switch to AT&T from Sprint and Windows Mobile to the iPhone
    Was it worth it?
  5. talon90

talon90 New Member

I saw your topic but didn't reply because while I did switch from Sprint, I wasn't using Windows mobile. I was using a Palm based Treo 755P. For me it was worth it. Just the Phone features and visual voicemail alone are much better but then factor in all the other iPhone features like bigger screen, better video and audio integration and a great web browsing experience, yea, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

My new phone has now officially lasted longer than my first one too.

6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Eh you can reply anyways haha I was just interested in WinMo people because thats what I have.. But other Sprint users as well
    Its gonna jump my bill REALLY big because we want 3 iphones... its jumping like 100 bucks! its insane.. I have to pay 55 instead of 20 which I was paying for my line... so I am not sure if its worth it yet

Sorry to kind of take your topic over.. Reply in mine

thats easier