'Search' facility on Ipod touch doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lynchy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Lynchy

Lynchy New Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I just wondered if anyone could shed light on this problem I'm having after becoming completely frustrated! I have got an second generation Ipod touch that I recently updated, and paid £5.99 for that update! I really wanted the update simply for the 'search' facility that allows you to search for anything in contacts/calander/notes etc but I mainly need it for searching the calander as I use it for my work and have lots of appointments.
    I couldn't believe it when I realised, the first time I searched, that even though I knew there were certain appointments in my diary it wasn't finding them all! In fact, pretty much the only ones it was finding were actually on the day that I was on anyway which is not much good when I'm trying to tell a client when they're next booked in! So I've ended up having to labouriously do a manual search to find them again. So what's happened to this great search facility?
    I did wonder whether it wasn't finding the future appointments that I'd booked before getting the 'upgrade' but no, even now when I've made new appointments it can't find them! I'm really frustrated and really hope one of you guys can help and whether you know if Apple know about this glitch in the system and will get it fixed?!?!?!
    I've even tried changing the settings so the search only looks in calander and nothing else but it still doesn't work. It still only finds appointments that I've either already done or are on that day anyway.
    Help!!!!!!! Anyone else discovered this?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Hmm, strange. Mine seem to be working fine. If you are jailbroken, I've heard it can sometimes interfere with the search function. If not, It may just be a bug, and apple will probably fix it in 3.1. You could always try re-syncing your calendar appointments.