Sean's Touch (BETA - Need feedback)

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by Risingstar, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Risingstar

Risingstar New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm working on a website dedicated to iPod Touches.

Right off the bat, I know you guys are thinking "But what about all the other websites out there dedicated to the iPod Touch? What makes you different?" What makes this website different is that it is the easiest and fastest way (literally) to get acess to (almost) all the files you need for jailbreaking and installing applications. All the other websites link you to Rapidsh*t links that make you wait about 5 minutes before you can download anything (people who are fans of ipodtouchmaster or use ifans.com will know what I'm talking about). Well on my site, I offer you all the files you need with no waiting times or download caps. I paid for a sh*t ton of bandwidth and I intend to put it to good use.

Please Note:

If you go to the downloads section right now, you won't see much. This is because I do not know what to do with it! That's why I'm calling on you guys!

How You Can Help:

You can visit the website and ignore everything else and go straight to the Downloads section (click the link on the top menu bar). You'll see an ugly default table and a few random files. I need ideas on how to spice this page up! It'll be (when it's done) the most important part of the site! It can't look like that!

Also, if you guys have any ideas on how to spice up the other pages, by all means, shout them out!

Link

http://seanstouch.com/

You Will Not Be Able To Visit The Website On Internet Explorer! If you do, you'll be able to see how it messes up the layout. It's on my list to fix that, but not at the top of it.

Thanks!

Update:
    Alright, so I've fixed the redirection problem, fended off hackers, and re-uploaded the entire site from a back-up.

The site is now viewable in Internet Explorer, but I haven't fixed the layout problem yet.

The tutorials system is currently taken down, I'm working on making it more secure.

f***ing hackers.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Hey, have you cleared it with bgizzle, because this link will probably be deleted.
    You need to clear it with the administrator, and then you can post it.

Other than that, it's a nice site. I think the downloads section looks fine.
  3. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

nice site, I could help you with news and hopefully build a forum section
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

hey this is pritty gd i cant wait to see it at its best when its finished nice one!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is a good idea, but the layout is too big. The layout makes me want to leave immediately, but thats just me.

Also, I have been wanting to make a website for newcomers to the jailbreak scene, so they know what it is, how to do it, and what to do afterwards, instead of posting a bazillion threads on forums like these. You should mention ziphone too!
  6. Risingstar

Risingstar New Member

Alright. So for your first comment: What exactly about the layout is bad? Give me some things that I could change about it.

Also, to your second comment: Go for it. Just try to stand out amongst the rest. And about Ziphone, Ive been meaning to do a little (or very big) tuorial about it.

This post automatically gets +3 awsomeness for being posted from an iPod Touch.
  7. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

I sent you an email about this.
  8. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    make it compatiable with internet explorer. theres pretty much no difference besides the way it looks, and a little perfoamance wise.
  9. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Whoa I spied myself a lemon-party type link.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Not cool.
  10. Risingstar

Risingstar New Member

Alright, so I've fixed the redirection problem, fended off hackers, and re-uploaded the entire site from a back-up.

The site is now viewable in Internet Explorer, but I haven't fixed the layout problem yet.

The tutorials system is currently taken down, I'm working on making it more secure.

f***ing hackers.