Seagate File Recover HELP!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by fastflame750, Oct 12, 2009.

1. fastflame750

fastflame750 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so recently I upgraded my operating system and backed up my precious music and pictures on a Seagate External Hard Drive.

I re-installed the Seagate manager on my new operating system, BUT when it did an automatic backup, (before I re-copied everything to my real hard drive), it synced and since there was nothing on my real hard drive everything I had on my Seagate Hard Drive was automatic deleted.

Is there any type of program I can use to recover those files? It didn't go to the recycle bin or anything.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ya, there are some programs that work great to recorver deleted stuff, as long as it wasnt zeroed out or anything
    unfortunately, if you want to recover any files its almost a guarantee that you will have to buy the software, but right now, it would be worth it
    sorry i cant give you any names just google recovery software....etc
    good luck
  3. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, the data is still there until its written over again.

You can find a list of the top data recovery programs here: http://data-recovery-software-review.toptenreviews.com/. (you have to pay for the programs but i'm sure you know where to get them from if you don't want to pay)

Also if it just started the auto backup you might be able to get a partition table recover to fix it in a few minutes.