SDK What is it and how to get it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stuff2music, Feb 27, 2008.

1. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I noticed that a lot of people don't know what a SDK is. So anyway a SDK is a SoftwareDevelopmentKit. It is a program on the COMPUTER not the itouch that let's you create apps. for the iTouch and iPhone.

The prices are set on these apps. By the DEVELOPERS not apple. However apple does have say to what apps. go on the iTouch through iTunes or possibly the iTunes Mobile Store.

Many people wonder where to get the SDK well it has not been release to the general public but I know that SDK's are released through the devlopers.apple.com website. Go here to sign up to get other SDK's and maybe this as also where the itouch/iphone SDK all be released first. http://developer.apple.com/products/online.html
  2. batman27

batman27 Banned

3. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    March 6th is the release date.

And there has been a lot of threads like these.
  4. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I understand that I just want to explain to people how to get them. And to thoughs who don't know what they are
  5. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could do with breaking up that big block of text into points or paragraphs.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

I noticed that a lot of people don't know what an SDK is.

An SDK is a Software Development Kit. It is a computer program or set of programs (on your PC and not on the iTouch) that let's you create applications for the iPod Touch and iPhone. It may consist of an editor, a compiler, and simulator. It may be a single program with all those features built-in.

Prices for these applications are determined by the developer and not Apple, however Apple does have a say as to what goes on the iTouch through iTunes.

Wonder where to get the SDK? It has not been released to the general public , but SDK's are released through the developers.apple.com website. Go there to sign up to get other SDK's. Maybe the itouch/iphone SDK will be released first.

Edited by 4D for readablity.
  7. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thank you I was in a hurry and on my itouch that edit is great. I give you rep for that.
  8. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please sticky this ... there are still threads being made along the lines of:
    "Will the SDK be on installer?"
    "Will they charge us for SDK like the Jan apps?"

Fair play, some people don't know, but they should read this before they go near that new thread button.
  9. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank for the support Sticky it if you guys think it is useful. Also know it is edited.
  10. badbuddah

badbuddah New Member

Device:
    iPod touch