SDK to be released in June?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steeped, Mar 6, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

It was said in the conference today:

"So, we've talked about some amazing new enterprise capabilities, we've talked about the SDK -- how are we going to deliver this stuff? Both will be delivered together in the iPhone 2.0 software update. Let me tell you about that."

"It will again combine the SDK + the new capabilities, there will be a beta release going out today to thousands of developers. We need their fantastic feedback. We're going to ship this to every iPhone customer in June, and it's going to be a free software update."

What are the chances that a developer would leak it early? I don't want to have to wait until June.
  2. HappyDays

HappyDays New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hopefully a developer will stick it up on bit*******
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

the software update is in june, he said SDK is to be release in an hour i believe.

QUOTE FROM PHONEMAG LIVE FEED:

11:11 am Vincent Nguyen: so how do you become an iphone developer? go to download the sdk for free in about an hour
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

From engaget:

11:12AM - "We think a lot of people will want to become an iPhone developer -- go to our site, probably in about an hour, and download the SDK. You can join the developer program to test your app on the iPhone and iPod touch and distribute your app -- to join the dev program costs just $99. If you have any questions about anything give us a ping at developer.apple.com." Irony: someone's Windows Mobile phone just went off.
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yes, thats to join the team. SDK is free for developers. also, read the first sentence in your quote, it pretty much just answered itself.
  6. steeped

steeped New Member

But does that mean we will have it on our iPods in an hour or in June?
  7. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

SDK resides on the computer. its a resource kit for developers to use on the computer. you are refering to the june update. and yes, that will have to wait until june, thats why he said june i believe.