sdk sample apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by gup1234, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gup1234

gup1234 New Member

is it possible to run these on the new public 2.0??

If so how can i run the elements sample app????

Thanx
  2. rd001

rd001 New Member

I downed and compiled it.

It installs fine on the iPhone simulator. A nice example really.

On the iPod touch, I select the target to be a hardware 2.0 iPhone. It builds fine. When I try to install, it says:

Your mobile device has encountered an
    unexpected error (0xE8000001) during
    the install phase: Verifying application

Try disconnecting and powering off the device; then
    power the device on and reconnect it.

I think the problem is that I haven't created a Development Profile and a Distribution Profile and got the security certificates from Apple.

I can install the app via SFTP and, after Quick Respring via BossPrefs, it does appear on the Springboard and it launches but immediately quits.

I think I need to get those certificates if I want this to install quick and clean from XCode 3.1.

Maybe someone else knows more. So far, I've only done compiling and testing on the iPhone simulator. To deploy to an actual device for testing or for distribution via AppStore, I keep reading that you need a Development Profile and a Distribution Profile. For those, you have to be accepted as an iPhone developer and pay Apple $99.

I've read there are some wildcard AppIDs/certificates floating around but don't know where to get them from.
  3. gup1234

gup1234 New Member

could u plz post the elements.app here

am i able to ssh it in to my ipod
  4. rd001

rd001 New Member

You could. But it would exit instantly since it isn't a properly signed app. Apps you plan to distribute have to be signed, it seems.

I'm not sure what the workaround is for these 2.0 jailbreak apps we get from Cydia. I'm sure there is one, I just don't know what it is yet.
  5. jrcdude

jrcdude New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    When you go on Cydia, the main page has a link that says "Bypassing Code Signature", click it and it will show you.
  6. rd001

rd001 New Member

Thanks, jrcdude. I got it signed now and SFTPed and resprung and it worked fine.

I should have read, read, read more. It's not hard to do it.