[SDK] RSS 1.2.4 Known Issues [Help Needed]

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by cocotutch, Dec 10, 2008.

1. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hey all,

I asked a question here only today, and it was answered. I am greatful for this.

I have also released my RSS Reading app to the forum users of this site. However, in order for me to release the faster, more stylish version - which better suits the iPhone - I need quite a bit of help. I am only 15 y/o and have absolutely no prior experience in Mac/Cocoa programming prior to my installation of the iPhone SDK.

First problem:

I would like to run RSS as an injection to SpringBoard, a triple tap of the home button would toggle it - not known if this is at all possible.

When I launch it, I want to include a startup view, this in turn would contain a button that would slide up the RSS view from the bottom.

A button to be added to slide it back down and reveal springboard again.

I have gotten my previous/other recent projects to handle all types of touches, but this seems to reject the methods.

I have the source code available if anyone is feeling generous enough to add the features I need. Of course you would be credited and included in the about window/all future releases.

I had to put development of this app to halt for myself, since I am now concentrating on my school studies and this cannot interfere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Doomo Arigatoo,

Cocotutch

P.S. Binary Toolchains yet? Or could someone give me very good instructions on how to set it up on Mac OS X 10.5.5.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    to intergrate it into springboard you need to use Mobile Substrate there is a nice tutorial by Gojohnnyboi in the developer tutorial section if this is any help
  3. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Sorry, I realized that I need the toolchain to hook it into springboard. I am anxiously waiting for the Binary Toolchain to be released for Mac OS X, because I have failed to setup the toolchain in its entirety since it first came to be, I mean, I copy and paste the Terminal Commands, but it errors up at the last minute and doesn't let me finish it correctly.

I seriously need instructions that are really clear, the general instructions around the web for setting up the toolchain are really unclear to me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

cocotutch
  4. andydam123

andydam123 Member

You can use the iPhone toolchain that you download from cydia.
  5. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yeah iPhone GCC allows you to compile directly on you're iPhone or iPod Touch
  6. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Once I have installed the Toolchain from Cydia, How do I compile an app? Copy the files onto it and run "make install" in MobileTerminal?

Any extra help (sorry

)?

cocotutch
  7. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    put files in applications then open terminal and put make it will then compile