sdk problem??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by the goat, Mar 3, 2008.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well, i was thinking. if you caan get apps liike customize, smb... where you can upload stuff, like themes and carrier images, well, if you buy the app from itunes, will there be like one folder for like evvery theme...or will you have to BUY the themes. because surely, it cant take you moore than a few mins to make a carrier img....can it?? or the same with themmes. you might wannt to make a custom one. what do you think?? share your views
  2. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

yeah.....
  3. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

i'd say there'd still be an Installer.app but not ...legal? like official so we can still download unooficial apps and themes for free

is that what you're asking?
  4. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well, no. i dont know how to upload likie appss, themes carrier pics.. as my ipott isnt jailbrokeen. but i mean, we wont have to use the same method as jailbroken people do?? well probably have like foldeers, like music, movies... themes, or maybe tabs. im pretty suure that there wonnt be an installing app. if there will be, itd probb be itunes wifi store. sorry if this is really confusing you...but i have no other way of saying.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will only get what Apple will add to the iTunesStore.
    So if Apple thinks they don't want theme and skin related stuff you won't get it.

You should search a bit to get the knowledge what SDK REALLY is...
    I think you don't really know it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    thats made me think very different.... i never would of thought that apple would try selling themes.... but now if you think about it.... it makes complete sence if they decide to sell themes and make money

cheers dude

7. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    the ACTUAL SDK is the programme that allows devs to make new apps for iphone and ipot. but when its RELEEASED, then peoplle can run those 3rd party apps leggally and they will be distributed the way that apple wants them to be. oh, and tthe devs of the apps determine the price (not apple) thank god!! because IF IT WAS apple (determining the price), and IF THEY WERE selling themes, theyd probably sell tthem at like £1.50 rip off! i think themes should be free.
  8. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree, but who said they let the devs decide it? Is it just a rumour?
    Also, the devs have to rewrite their apps and we don't know if every app we can think of will be accepted from Apple.
    But why are we talking about it? Ah yeah.. We can't wait

9. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes good point. but wwhy would apple not accept an app? they have to givve a valid reason. and yes, it is a roumor about the pricing, but its on like every single website. in the release, steve jobs will prob say like 'well we have decided to let the dev' s price the sdk apps becausee we wanted them to have flexibility...) yer, coz nobody would buy them if you priced them duh!!
  10. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So that is exactly what I thought about the iPod games... and they all cost money. And there are always some guys who buy them...

Whatever Apple does, I hope it's the best for us, the users.

And btw:
    I think the devs (or hackers) will find a way to enable 3rd party apps without verifying it by Apple. I'm talking about this magic key they found months ago

Edit:
    bindle posted this:
    http://flickr.com/photos/iphonesdk/

Let's hope it's not a fake.