sdk or jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by mlbplayer456, Apr 29, 2008.

?

SDK of Jailbreaking?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2009.
  1. Jailbreaking

38 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. SDK

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. neither, i am a wimp

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

i prefer jailbreaking instead of going sdk, ill tell you why. First off, there are some apps that apple wouldn't allow (can't think of them at the top of my head but im sure there are some) and second, it'll take a while for the sdk to host as many apps compared to how many 3rd party apps there are. So you vote!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd prefer SDK over Jailbreak because you get the stability of Apple Firmware with Apps from other people.

Jailbreaking is like turning your Firmware into... Well... Windows..

More maintenance and more bugs are not for me. So you get more Apps, it's not worth it if you always have to tweak stuff to get it to work.
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We will soon be able do jailbreak 2.0 anyway and use third party apps...Installer has the possibility of co-existing with App-Store
  4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How about the SDK for creating apps, and releasing them free of charge through the third-party Installer? Sounds good to me, considering NerveGas already has a working SDK app export system.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You don't have to Jailbreak 2.0 to use 3rd party apps, thats what the App Store and SDK are for

Please Register or Log in to view images

That and Xcode.
  6. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

but jailbreaking it is more fun and you get wayyyyy more apps on installer than the appstore. And all the apps on installer are free unlike some of them on the sdk. It may be unstable sometimes but never has an ipod touch or iphone been bricked, and its kinda fun to tweak things. So thats why i prefer jailbreaking.
  7. HanMan5000

HanMan5000 Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well everything must come with a price. Jailbreaking gives you thousands of apps but there are bugs. SDK Gives you stable apps without bugs, but there is not as much and you have to pay, which I think that apple making us pay after we have payed so much is just bullsh*t.
  8. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    All the Apps on installer are NOT free. I have come across many Apps that offer a free limited use of the software that must be purchased in order to have the full version. Camero Pro and Ilog comes to mine. Both available on installer, and both NOT free.
  9. ph2t

ph2t New Member

I just love how statements like this are made BEFORE the event.

lol

kids....
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    First off if you have any clue and and can read directions jailbreaking is very stable. The apps however for the most part unless you are 12 are pretty cheesy. Hopefully with the introduction of the App Store there will be some quality applications available. Do you cry when you have to buy software for your computer or do you just play solataire after the purchase?