SDK Applications

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by SHININGSTEEL, Mar 2, 2008.

1. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Do you think it will be possible to combine SDK apps and Installer apps when the time comes? With my January software upgrade, even though my iPod touch is jailbroken it still syncs the apps and I still have them when I restore back to regular 1.1.4. Do you think the same thing will happen when the SDK is released and you can buy apps off of iTunes?
  2. evel_king

evel_king New Member

Well apps will most likely be bought off of iTunes and I bet many people will make installer apps with SDK
  3. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I've heard from iLounge that Apple is putting strict guidelines on what gets put up for download. I wouldn't expect any installer apps from anybody except Apple.
  4. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

What you heard was that iLounge THINKS that Apple will be putting strict guidlines down.
  5. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think that with the sdk coming out soon, they are not going to release a new firmarwe until later on, 1.1.4 can be jailbroken and have ssh installed, so this means that when the SDK apps arrive on iTunes somebody should be abble to extract the apps and donate them for free.... Just like they did with the january app pack (iphone apps) im really excited for the sdk, we should see some mind-blowing applications and games
  6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

If any of the devs that created apps on installer submit them to Apple for distribution, then they will be available through iTunes. I don't think Apple is going to care if they were distributed through installer before, just if they meet the criteria, whatever that may be, for distribution.

PS. Johnny 5 kicks ass!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

all SDK apps will have to be digitally signed by Apple (and the bosses) so anything bad or unfinsihed wont be going on. They hate JB, they wouldnt combine
  8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I firmly believe they don't give a flying f*** about JB. My friend who works at an Apple store tells me that Apple is contractually obligated to not support jailbroken devices, especially phones. But that was just part of their deal with AT&T and they don't care one way or the other. Jailbroken or not, you bought an iphone or touch. Apple's happy.

I think when it comes down to it, they really don't care. It's not like JB hurts them. The only party it hurts is AT&T if someone unlocks a phone and uses another service provider.
  9. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

I personally agree with you, but I think the dev teams will find a way to load their own apps on iTunes. It's possible.

I think that Apple would probably implement SDK support into the Wi-Fi iTunes Store.
  10. cazmaestro

cazmaestro New Member

SDK?

What is SDK? Sorry but im on a jailbroken 1.1.2 because i cant seem to get customise to work on it and that is a big thing to me. Is it something to do with making your own apps or something. But surely that is just the same as installer apps.