SDK,1.1.3, who cares?

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by inatightspot, Jan 13, 2008.

1. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

Why would I want to pay for simple apps when they are already available for free? The new firmware (according to the leaked documention) does nothing to improve the functioning of the touch. This is just another cash grab by Apple.
  2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Right. But a few things, by using there apps, you do not void your warranty. You also can't brick your ipod/iphone by this. But obviously for us ipod Touch Jailbreakers this will be somewhat pointless as we already have so much available to us.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

while on the issue of price, every1 knows its going to be overpriced hell just look at the games for regular iPods

Edit: bennahjhL: i heard that they are going to be free. and legal.

if thats the case it should be alright but still i prefer the developers out there now, but who knows maybe the new apps will be much better, guess we just hav to wait and see
  4. Bennahjh

Bennahjh New Member

i heard that they are going to be free. and legal.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can't brick your ipod touch.

All apps from Installer are legal as well, except for ROMs, and iPhone Apps.

Anyway, no one is forcing you to upgrade, (I don't plan to) and if you are worried about voiding your warranty so be it. There is no need for an argument over upgrading or an SDK. Who knows, maybe the SDK will yield decent apps. Maybe it won't.

My gut tells me that the SDK apps will be nothing better than what I can get on my jailbroken iPod touch, so unless something groundbreaking happens, I don't plan on upgrading.

*It may be smart to be wary of iTunes updates, just in case Jobbers sneaks in something that reports third party apps to apple.
  6. pab277

pab277 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I forgot where I read this but I heard that its all up to the developers if they choose to charge for their apps.
  7. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Well, the key difference is quality. You'll see when EA releases their games to the iPod Touch that the games we have will look mediocre compared to people who have official tools and support and are paid to do this.

PS: 5 bucks for Sonic and Peggle on an iPod is NOT overpriced

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Zc456

Zc456 Member

These are official apps you can't get anywhere else and are legal for all we know. No need to hack (witch is the best part. I know you don't haft to, its just nice to have a little more variety outside of Safari). Plus Virtualball to is right $5 for a game is not overpriced when you think about it.

And 1.1.3 is also important for general purposes. Fixes and stuff, ya know. And webapps on your iPod's "desktop" will cut tones of slack of having to go through those bookmarks.

Please Register or Log in to view images