sdk / 1.1.3 question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by deltaspecops, Jan 23, 2008.

1. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So far how has apple found out about the jailbreaks of 1.1.1-1.1.2???

I'm guessing it was on forums like this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So if everyones talking about 1.1.3 being jailbroken, youtube videos as proof. What makes you think apple doesn't already know? It would be a waste to have apple come out with 1.1.4 or such and not have released the jailbreak right? So the real reason for waiting is hope? Hope that they dont make a bogus change of numbers or that they just dont know? I just want to know why exactly are they waiting to release but didnt wait to show the world?

I'm in full support of the teams here I dont want to sound like I'm not, I just think it would have been better not to spread the word.
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

well unfortuntely people leak things, and then they spread very, very fast. apple probably had their own developers try to jailbreak their own firmware, and they are probably aware of most of the exploits, however the ones that are the issue are the ones they dont know about, and the ones that would pose problems to patch up. the reason the dev/elite teams are waiting, is because they dont want to give apple the advantage of exactly where to look. we want them to have much more work to do.
  3. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ope your eyes, they arent waiting anymore. lol. atleast thats whats going around.
  4. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You couldn't have answered my question more perfectly, Thanks!
  5. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

But if apple doesn't know how they did it, they shouldn't be able to fix it in a new version.
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Of course I'm sure Apple knows that we have a way to Jailbreak 1.1.3.... but the thing is this..

They don't know HOW, and it'd take far too long for them to look through everything.

Please Register or Log in to view images

There is a sh*t load of codding.
  7. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

The fact is, nothing can be 100% secure, there will always be an exploit, but if you reveal what the exploit is, it becomes very easy to fix.
  8. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some people tend to forget that Apple made the product, they coded it, they would be able to figure out jailbreaks a lot easier than you may think. But who knows, we will soon find out in February with the SDK what the future of jailbreaking will be.

Bitter.
  9. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    maybe apple doesn't even need to know what the exploit is. the jailbreak process will probably depend on certain files to be in set locations. now, if apple simply changes the file paths and do some other file directory rearrangement, it could very well render the current jailbreak process useless. of course, this is an easy fix. just re-code the jailbreak process to account for the new file paths/directory structure and it's done. it's not a very effective way but it is possible.
  10. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think the problem is is that the guide at the moment and its too complicated and because of that you have to be able to code etc. with that apple will have the best guide and can therfore patch it up more easily. by them compling the codes and everything bundling up several steps it will take much longer for apple to fix it up before the due date which is why the dev team arent taking any risks to make sure we have a jailbreak whilst there is an sdk.