SD Reader For Touch 2G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by BarGuy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. BarGuy

BarGuy New Member

is there such a thing as an SD or Micro SD Reader/writer that can be plugged into the touch so I can transfer pictures or what not on the fly, instead of syncing it to my pc. (ie if I take a pic with my cell, pull my micro sd card out of my cell, stick it in this reader, and dump it to my touch)

Thx
    BG
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, 'fraid not.
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

not at all.. u can use the touch as a flash drive though..
  4. BarGuy

BarGuy New Member

Ah well... thx
  5. noamhir

noamhir Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i think it's quite clear why there isn't a SD reader for the iPod touch.
    The ipod is playing it's media not like normal media players that reads the mp3/whatever files from the root folder, it uses the damn iTunes encryption (the wierd letters song names). how would the iPod read from an SD card, which surely doesn't use the itunes encryption?..
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Digital Concepts/Sakar made the iAlbum, which was compatible with the iPod with color, iPod with Video and iPod Nano. It was an adapter that plugged into the dock connector and then you could insert SD cards and copy them over to the iPod. But it could only accomodate smallish SD cards, like 256mb - maybe 512 mb.

You can google and find out more. They cost about $35.

HTH,
    Diana
  7. PMG

PMG New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iWay will let you copy pictures ONTO your iPod, but apparently not OFF of the iPod, nor will it let you copy other file types (music, movies, etc)

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/05/03/iway-an-sd-card-reader-for-your-ipod/

I don't care so much about copying data off the iPod, but is there a way to copy Music & movies from an SD card onto your iPod?

Thanks.
  8. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

This is completely possible with the new 3.0 API's.

Someone would have to create a device that could read the specified memory card, then someone would have to write an application that can work with that hardware, possibly letting you copy those files within the application... allowing you to have an extra amount of storage for the iPod.
  9. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree with the post above me. One side of the "product" it is the Dock Connector, and at the other end is a hole for the Micro SD card or something.
  10. simply1

simply1 New Member

This is an old chain and perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere since, but what about using griffin technology's dock-sd card reader?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/simplifi#

I'd like to travel and not have to download pictures to a computer before uploading them to my itouch. It seems this dock station may be what I need. Agreed?

Please let me know if you are aware of any other gadgets that would also easily get pictures from sd/cf cards to the itouch. Thanks in advance!

From the griffen website:
    "Charge/Sync dock, media card reader, and USB hub
    De-clutter the top of your desk and simplify your digital life with Simplifi ... one compact unit that handles your iPhone, iPod, USB connections, and all kinds of media cards.

Simplifi charges USB-rechargeable iPod models as they sync with your computer through the included USB mini cable. Use Simplifi's USB ports to plug in keyboards, printers, cameras, flash drives, scanners, external hard drives, anything USB 2.0-compatible. Simplifi ships with an AC adapter for those USB devices that need a powered port.'