ScummVM anyone?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by NodNarbOen, Nov 27, 2007.

1. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen New Member

Hi,

Anyone tried playing ScummVM games on ipodtouch yet? Such as Day of the tentacle, Full throttle, Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis etc? I'm trying to get those games, but having problem finding them. But I've download the ScummVM on my itouch. Any working players of ScummVM please help
  2. rvchamne

rvchamne New Member

i uploaded scumm VM onto my 8 gig touch. Due to the fear of being flogged, all i can say is that i had accesss to the games and got them onto my touch via SSH. but there are plenty of places to find them in more than legitimate ways. As for the games themselves, I havent gotten too deep into them, but day of the tentacle, and monkey islands 1 and 2 both seem to be working quite well for me. Monkeys 1&2 have no sounds...but tentacle does. the interface is a bit clumsy, but i have fat fingers. butoverall i'm very pleased as i never got to play a lot of these games first time around.

so yeah so far so good, jsut make sure you have a separate place for your games. don't put them in the application folder.
  3. KyleK

KyleK New Member

Sound works fine for me in Monkey Island 2.
    But you have to connect your headphones before starting ScummVM.
  4. lade73

lade73 New Member

hi

i \m also keen on scumm on my pod.
    where and how do i install the client?
    (i got all the games laying around somewhere, since im a die-hard adventure fan.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. KyleK

KyleK New Member

6. rvchamne

rvchamne New Member

7. rvchamne

rvchamne New Member

i just got Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis on my touch and it runs AMAZING. seriously, i think ScummVM is my favorite app hands down.
  8. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen New Member

WOOT! I just downloaded some games and SSH them into ipod touch. For smaller games like Day of the Tentacle, it's pretty fast using WinSCP. But with games like The Dig, the game is huge. Took me one and a hald hrs to SSH it in, but it was all worth it. Like Rvchamne, the emulator really works like a charm. It really is AMAZING!!

I'm deciding to which game to play.. gpsphone final fantasy iv advanced or The Dig

It's really hard to choose . Heh

9. Phreaky_McGeek

Phreaky_McGeek New Member

Thanks for the heads up - I'm getting a Touch at Christmas, I'm a big fan of the old LucasArts games but had no idea ScummVM had already been ported. My Full Throttle disc is broke though... ah well, something to add to the Christmas list

10. denoipod

denoipod New Member

so I don't understand how a game merrits scumm status, are they all lucas arts games or what?