Screensplitr issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MS19, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MS19

MS19 New Member

Hi,

I've just jailbroken my 8gb ipod touch mc model with jailbreakme. I've been able to use cydia and stuff, all of that is ok.

However, I have a problem with screen splitr app. It is not working with me. I am using a component video cable, may that be the issue?

I have tried all possibilities regarding the ordering of connections/activating screensplitr/turning tv on.

Is is possible that screen splitr is not working temporarily for the new jailbreak?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No the app is not compatible wit iOS 4.0
  3. MS19

MS19 New Member

Is there any similar app in cydia which I can download?

Also, are there any news on an upcoming compability fix for screensplitr?
  4. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

Veency might work for you, but you will probably just have to wait for ScreenSplitr to be updated.

Keep it installed and then use ROCK (or Cydia) to keep track of any updates.

mi986
  5. MS19

MS19 New Member

I have to go to cydia to check to check for updates or the app will show me when to update automatically?

Also, how does this veency work, its description says its a vnc server. Does it also work with tv?

Thanks.
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Is your cable compatible with your device ? You see I have a component cable and ive tried to use it numerous times with my iPad but without success every time !..

For example when you plug the cable into your iPod do you get a pop up or anything ?.
  7. MS19

MS19 New Member

The cable works fine for videos from the ipod touch and sound comes out normally. Seems that screensplitr is the issue.
  8. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Am I'm sure there's more apps like ScreenSpliter in Cydia !..
  9. RubyRa1n

RubyRa1n Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Screenspliter sucks...no offence to who ever made it but...its laggy and u cant really watch videos. so i use TvOutTunter : its really non laggy and u can play games on the tv and it has landscape mode.
  10. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

Veency is used to control an iPhone/iPod touch using a computer (like ScreenSplitr can) but sometimes can be used to show what is happening on the device.

In regards to the updates, when you open Cydia it checks all the 'apps' you have installed and see if there is a newer version. If there is, then it will appear in the 'Changes' tab of Cydia, and a number will be added to the Cydia icon on the SpringBoard (The number indicates how many updates are available).

The reason I prefer ROCK is because it automatically checks for new apps and displays the badge without ROCK even needing to be opened.

Just note that an app has to actually be installed for the 'Changes' feature to work (You can also force updates to show up by selecting 'Show Package Settings' and then turning 'Show All Changes' on).

mi986