Screenshot WITHOUT Home Button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vash9, Mar 7, 2009.

1. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha, okay title is weird, but i'll explain everything.

btw, i've searched this forum + google + yahoo + even msn. No luck =\

Story:
    Okay, one day when i was at school, had my touch in my pocket and was listening to it. A friend coincidentally hits me with a water balloon at the pocket with the touch in it and my whole pants got wet at the area. i took out my ipod as quick as i could, wiped out all the water with my cotton jacket, checked to see if everything was fine after 15 minutes or so, and it was. i kept on clicking the sleep button over and over gently to see if it was responsive, and it still is till this time. So as the square printed home button. clicked it excessively, gently, and it was responsive. of course, i wasn't too relieved; and i was right to not. i got home, and for some reason, the home button just died on me or something. it didn't work anymore. Letting the situation being that the touch only has 2 buttons, 1 just died on me that was pretty important. My warranty died on me a year ago, so it's void; no can do. And i'm too poor to afford any fixation, or buy a new one.

Today:
    okay, that happened at least 3-5 months ago, today being the 7th of March, 2009 and the button is still gone. I found a "little" fix by downloading iHome (An Application you download in Cydia, not the Apple Product), and it's working out perfectly until now. It's not really a broken problem, it's just i want to take a screenshot of my ipod and as of FW 2.0+, you need both buttons. hahaha. Is there an alternative? Any app that let's me take a screenshot?

Thanks for reading my long ass dumb story. Appreciate any response. Thanks!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you have Mac OS X + Xcode, use that. If you have Veency, use that.
  3. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh balls, sorry to confuse you Teslanaut, but it's not the iHome i think you're talking about. My bad, didn't explain. I was trying to mean the iHome app you find it Cydia. It KINDA replaces your Home button features, just you gotta use the screen. EX: slide at the bottom of the screen to get into your springboard/home screen. My apologies.

edit: i are teh retarded. sorry, checking out veency now
  4. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im pretty sure both of those will work ... having an ihome doesnt really matter cuz you cant take a screen shot with it anyway veency will show your ipod on your computer screen and then you can take a screen shot on your comp.... and im not sure what the other one is but tes knows his stuff so it prolly works too
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

yeah, veency would be the best way to help get iHome in this situation.
  6. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    checking out veency
  7. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol yea it is sweet and one beast of a motor... anyway just use veency ... its a vnc server and you can get your ipod screen on your computer screen and take the screen shot there with no need for a home button at all
  8. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha yeah man. it's a beastly engine. i heard it rev up at a HIN show, and god damn, amazing. On-topic, yeah i apologize about that too. Wasn't thinking clearly, and thanks for the veency tip guys. appreciate it.
  9. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no problem... yea it broke my heart when i found out all the new GT-R's are automatic

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just tested out veency, it worked out perfectly! Sweeeeet! i just took a screen shot! lookie

sweeeeeeeet! thanks guys! Kristin Kreuk ftw. problem solved!

Off-topic: .......all new GT-R's are autotragic?....WHAT? Man..what in the hell? The newest and most recent i've seen in the inside was an 05 GT-R, but it was manual.