ScreenShot help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by A a r o n, Jan 13, 2008.

1. A a r o n

A a r o n New Member

well okay, i have screenshot and whenever i try to send or mail my screenshot it just takes me back to my springboard. [i have a 16gb ipodtouch]
    &i also have a question on how to view my ipod's temporary folder & home folder on windows xp.
    thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Which screenshot you have installed? The one by Robota Software or by Erica Sadun or the one in Dock app?
    The screenshot by Robota Soft. is still buggy and sometimes causes frustrating problems with the iPot. I don't have solution for your problem if u use that one. But it may solve the problem if switch to the one by Erica or the one in the Dock app.

You can view the temporary folder by connecting your iPod through SSH. Search the forum for that and for the other screenshot apps as well.
  3. A a r o n

A a r o n New Member

ohh i see, im using the one by robota.
    and what is the exact name of the app by erica?
    (is it erica's ported utils?; if it is, it said i need to add /var/root/bin or something like that, how would i do that?)
  4. Mac Genius

Mac Genius New Member

the temp folder should be /tmp/
    dont use the erica one, you need BSD Subsystem

to view your ipod on your computer, search of ssh guide or something like that in the search bar way up ^ there.
  5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

I think I found a solution to ur problem. It doenst matter which screenshot you use as long as u have the MobileFinder application installed. I just tested this and it works. Install MobileFinder first if havent it yet. Heres the instruction:
    1. Go open Finder. Wait for it load completely.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Turn ON: Show Hidden Files, Show ".." Entry, and Access System File.
    4. After 3, tap Finder which is next to Settings.
    5. Double tap the two dots that look like this ..
    6. Scroll down and find the tmp folder, then double tap it
    7. In the tmp folder, you find the images you took with screenshot. They should end in .png, . jpg, or even .pdf.
    8. Now you can email the images by choosing the image you want then by tapping Send. Finder will close and will open up Mail app automatically. You can only send 1 images per email...i think.
    9. You can test by emailing me and ill reply by confirming it. My email is in my signature.
    10. I can't believe I wrote all this with my iPot. Dang! I'm bored and can't sleep at the moment. Lol.

Good luck. Oh yea. Make sure you turn back OFF step #3 to avoid accidentaly deletion of files in ur iPod.

As for Erica's Utilities, create a folder a folder called bin in /var/root folder. You can create the folder using Finder but I won't get into much details. If ur not very familiar with Erica Utility dont bother with it yet. Some of the tools are usefull though.
  6. A a r o n

A a r o n New Member

edit;
    ohh wait, i did something wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Do u even have the Mail application installed in the first place? You must have this installed first so you can email stuff. If you don't have it then that's the problem. Install that first. You can find the source here http://applerepo.com
    Go to Installer. Tap Sources located on bottom right corner of the screen. Tap edit, then tap add, then type the url. Tap ok and wait for it to refresh. Once its done, tap done. Then go back to install tab and find iPhone 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 Apps folder, choose ur firmware version. Install Moblie Mail Prep first then install Moblie Mail next.
    Now go to Mail app and create your email account. Yahoo doesnt work on iPod touch...yet...i think. Use gmail or aol instead.
    Now repeat the Intructions in my prevoius post.
  8. A a r o n

A a r o n New Member

9. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Nice. I knew you could do it. I replied back to ur email by the way.