Screenshot google maps route?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dwarfy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Dwarfy

Dwarfy New Member

Hey guys!

My idea is the following: I am in my home town and want to drive to another one. So I create my route via google earth. Is there now any opinion to save these single screenshots where I have to change the street etc. to my Itouch?

Because WiFi isn't anywhere on the road and i wanto to listen to music and then change back to google maps to watch the route again and so on.

If there is any solution for my problem please tell me

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

I once used mapquest and just left the browser open for a full 7 hour trip!

Hopefully that helps
  3. Dwarfy

Dwarfy New Member

i dont understand what u mean by mapquest ? (is that a tool or what)

thx4help
  4. 2xtreme

2xtreme Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mapquest is a web site he probably opened in safari and kept the page open. It has nothing to do with google maps.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, if you use the Google Maps app on the iPod Touch, I've seen many people discuss how if you bookmark locations or even do a driving route and go through it step by step, it'll stay cached. I actually was able to do this myself when I was on a business trip a few weeks ago. Don't think you can cache multiple routes, though...
  6. ben471

ben471 New Member

Ok I found a way using screenshot.app, mobilefinder.app, and photoboard.app.

1)Install all three of those apps.
    2)Enable screenshot.app and set it to save as a jpg and for location i recommend Camera Roll 100Apple
    3)Go to Maps, make your route, ect and take a screenshot of what you want.
    4)Open up mobilefinder.app and navigate to the screenshot you just took. Use mobilefinder to move the picture to /Media/DCIM/Apple(this will make sense after setting up photoboard.app)
    4.b)rename all of your photos to IMG_001.JPG, IMG_002.JPG, IMG_003.JPG, ect(this also has to do with photoboard and it's ability to view the images.
    5)do this for all of your photos and then open photoboard and open them. I tried it and the pictures are readable. Here it is in photoboard:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know it's not great but it's readable and it's doesn't need internet.

The other way you could do it is to take the screenshots, copy them to your computer, then sync them like regular photos. That may be more convenient, but this method does not require a computer.
  7. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

answer for saved Map routes w/o wifi

This has been discussed before in depth, but here it is again:
    1 - with wifi, open Maps, create a route, press home (don't close Maps), open any other program (like Notes), press home, and now you will have a Route.plist (see #6 below)
    2 - use Finder (an Installer app) to select Route.plist, then file/copy/rename to 'myroute' (can be any name, e.g. NYC2Philly)
    3 - with wifi, repeat steps 1 & 2 for each needed route to be saved to a new name
    4 - no wifi needed: use Finder to select desired Route, file/copy/rename as Route.plist
    5 - go to Maps.app. It should now show the desired destination. Click on List, then the 1st direction
    6 - these files are in private/var/root/Library/Maps/Route.plist