Screenshot.app Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FiveAflac, Nov 25, 2007.

1. FiveAflac

FiveAflac New Member

The other day, I installed Screenshot.app from Installer and never got around to using it. Earlier today, I opened it to see if it would work. To put it simply, it didn't. The iPod froze and I had to do the forced restart (hold/home buttons at the same time). It took awhile to start up again, but when it did the Snap and View buttons showed up in the top left and the Apple logo was flashing on and off like crazy. I let it sit for awhile, but it wouldnt go away. I did another forced restart and this time it did the same thing, but loaded the springboard after awhile. Now, I can't do anything. I can open up an app by clicking on it, but then nothing works after that. Nothing I click on in the app even responds. I can't even scroll! It'll return home if I press the home button, but I'm still in the same predicament. OpenSSH is off, so there's no chance of a manual delete (since it won't let me turn it on) and Installer.app won't let me click on Uninstall. So pretty much, I'm stuck.

I've already tried restarting the iPod many times and every time I get the same result.

I used the search bar and couldn't find anything like this, so now I'm coming to you guys. Any help at all with this is greatly appreciated. I'm not in the mood to restore my ipod, but just in case I absolutely have to, iTunes is downloading 1.1.2. My iPod is currently running 1.1.1, if it matters.

Once again, thanks in advance.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That also happened to me, here's how I fixed it.

1) SSH (or use SFTP) into /Applications, once there, Delete Screenshot.app
    2) Reboot iPod. The Snap and View Images will still be there.
    3) Open Installer, and Uninstall, then Reinstall Screenshot.app
    4) Open Screenshot.app and disable its features/turn it off.
    5) Open Installer once again and Uninstall it.
    6) Reboot (might not be necessary).
  3. FiveAflac

FiveAflac New Member

The problem with that is that SSH is turned off on the iPod and it won't let me turn it on. I've tried SSHing into it, but without OpenSSH activated, it just won't work.

I actually just solved the problem by updating to 1.1.2... ah well, I'll re-jailbreak it tomorrow...

Thank you for your help!
  4. berndisher

berndisher New Member

same problem here, already deletet it over ssh but cannot reinstall it because the installer app won`t recognize any of my touches. actually none of my app are usable because i can`t do anything once opened, except pushing the home button getting back to my springboard...

would be nice if somebody could mail me the app so i can try reinstalling it by ssh!
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Type into an SSH client
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard
    That will allow touch input. But you'll notice that the iPod looks stock. You can still access your apps, so don't worry.

Open up a second instance of your SSH client while keeping the first one open and type in
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    That will open up Installer. You can also use this technique to open any app you have on the iPod.

Make sure to close out of both apps via SSH. While you have the SSH client open, press CTrl+C and that will close the app.
  6. dadedesigns

dadedesigns New Member

This program should be taken off, it messed up my Ipod also.
  7. Ol!ver

Ol!ver New Member

Works fine here.