Screenshot.app has got my ipod flashing weirdly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gottabeandrew, Feb 3, 2008.

1. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Ok, this happened once before but i can't remember how i fixed it but i'm pretty sure it was just by general fiddling but i don't want to break it this time so i was wondering if there was a proper way to fix it.

My iPod Touch had screenshot.app running on it and i was just taking a quick screenshot and then i left it open and then iPod went off cause it had low battery. So i plugged it into my laptop to charge and when i switched it back on again it showed the yellow "snap" and "vew" (or whatever it is they say) buttons that come with it but the screen was flashing between black and white stripes and the apple logo. It also wasn't starting up. I tried pressing (and holding) the home button and the on/off button to no avail (not at the same time cause that would make it go into restore mode). So then i unplugged it and it carried on and i tried holding down the 2 buttons and pressing them again but it still didn't stop so i just left it to run out of battery again and it did. When i plugged it back in again, it continued until i unplugged it and again, it had run out of battery.

So now i need to know how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

yup thats what happens when you use screen shot and turn your ipod off

when I did that, I restarted my ipod 15-20 until it worked
    I recomend just using dock.app for screenshots..
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happened to me and i just had to restore my iPod. I havent jailbroke again since... it scared me too much...
  4. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

I will do in future. I need to know how to fix it though. Can i remove the files for screenshot using screenshot.app since the computer seems to recognise it when i plug it in and turn it on? Would that fix it?
  5. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Anybody? Sorry for bumping but i do need to get this working soon.
  6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Are you using screenshot version 1.30? If not, you may want to get it. I had problems with the older version (1.2.1) on JB 1.1.3.

If you don't have it add this to your sources: http://iphone.robota.nl/
  7. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just use the Dock app for Screen shots. No need to stop JailBreak.
  8. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Yes, i do have it and i can't get on my ipod touch to do this because its doing the flashing thing.
  9. Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate New Member

I have the same problem. I have had my wifi off to save battery and when my touch does boot up it wont let me use any app. Everytime I click on a app it brings it up but then it freezes. I really dont want to have to restore my ipod is there any other way?

EDIT: I dont how or why but I was going to restore it and it just turned itself off and started to flash. Then it turned on and the screenshot app was turned off and I just deleted it. It seems to be working fine now

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. papachango

papachango New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah ... same story .... i ended up restoring it back to 1.1.1 and worked my way through from there ...

it took a couple of tries, but held down the home and sleep button till it went off, then released the slep button ... can't remember exactly how it went down, but just have a play with it ... i think i had to have iTunes open for it to work.