Screen Unresponsive: Return Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mossme89, Mar 26, 2008.

1. mossme89

mossme89 Member

Hi!

i notice sometimes the middle of my ipot screen can become unresponsive at times, while the rest of the screen works. I restart my ipod (with the red slider), and its working fine. this really isnt much of a problem, but should i return it to get another one? My warranty is good until November, but how long will it take if i bring it to an apple store?
  2. mossme89

mossme89 Member

anybody want to give me their opinion?
  3. GlenMcg

GlenMcg New Member

do it, i had a tiny problem with my home button, and a few dead pixels - and because im not willling to pay £269 for an ipod that annoys me i thought why not, so i took it back and they didnt even check the ipod i got an instant replacement.
  4. mossme89

mossme89 Member

so what did they do, just give you a replacement? and did you take it to the apple store?

Also, will they check to see if it was jailbroken, i mean i can do a restore, but does that erase all traces?
  5. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

unless you can mimic the problem again, im not sure they will just give you a new one. also, after restoring your ipod so you dont void your warranty, you might have the problem disappear.
  6. mossme89

mossme89 Member

i see what you mean...sometimes this happens and i reset and its fine for a little while, but then starts acting up again
  7. GlenMcg

GlenMcg New Member

yeh i just explained the problem, they didnt even check the ipod was in the box - but no i didnt buy it from apple i bought it from an english electrical goods store so i dno what problems u myt face if u got it from apple - the best thing bout me taking myn back was that i got the january app pack for free...then i discovered ziphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. mossme89

mossme89 Member

anybody here take their ipod to the apple store to get it replaced? if so, how long did it take?
  9. mossme89

mossme89 Member

seriously, anybody?
  10. joris182

joris182 New Member

if you jailbroke your ipod it has to do with that. i had this problem too so i jus rejailbroke it now its fine