Screen uniformity issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Winterberry, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Winterberry

Winterberry Guest

Hi you guys,

I bought my ipod touch 4g two weeks ago, so Monday is the last day I could return it. I am perfectly happy with it except of one issue, which is not too easy to describe. There seems to be a small part of the screen in the middle left part near the edge (about the size of a bullet point on a page of paper, maybe a little larger and less round) that appears to be darker than the rest. This is most noticeable when scrolling in front of a white background or a grey background (as for example in the app store when you scroll down a bit) and then looking at it from an angle or scrolling through an internet page which is light grey in colour (or even plain white such as the mail app). I wonder if I have received a unit with a really exotic problem or whether this is more ore less normal. Could you please be so kind as to check your units for that problem. Thanks so much!
  2. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Straight ahead your screen should be uniformly lit, if it isn't its defiantly defective.
  3. sman789

sman789 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yeah - that's a fairly major issue for a screen to do that. Take it back ASAP.