Screen stuck

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nicoletita, May 21, 2008.

1. nicoletita

nicoletita New Member

Hey! Im having a problem with my ipod which is getting more and more annoying. Sometimes, when I have to restart or turn my ipod completely off, it turns on again but the screen is like stuck. The lock screen appears, which I can unlock. Then it lets me go into any app, but then i touch any part of the screen and it wont respond. when i click the sleep button it shows the lock screen with just enough light for me to see it, but still on. To make it work again I have to restart, either by holding the sleep button and then turning it off or by rebooting with both buttons. After around 5 tries I can get it to work right again, no problems after that. Ive searched through the forum but i havent found anybody with the same problem... Help pleaseee?!
    (oh, btw, I cant ssh, somehow the ssh app wont let me install it)

ETA:
    I didnt have kate nor ants installed, but i had dock and never really used it. So I unistalled it some days ago and it didnt happen anymore. I also installed respring in case I had to and didnt want to reboot
    thanks everyone!
  2. brentwagner

brentwagner New Member

OMG ME too

OMG i have also had that problem and i jailbreak all my firneds ipods and that happens on every single one. I would really love to fix this so i dont have to use respring everytime i power up
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You probably have Kate huh...

Yea, theres your problem...

Theres no fix for it, just a work around. Either Restore or put a Respring app on your Springboard.
  4. brentwagner

brentwagner New Member

no your wrong

NO, i dont have kate and never have downloaded it. What happens is after i install many things and turn off and back on it doesnt let me click untill i respring. And this has happend on most of the ipod touchs i have jailbreaked 15/20
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Do you have Dock or Ants?
  6. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea this happened to me a lot, i used to be able to fix it, but the last time i couldn't so i had to restore
  7. carter112233

carter112233 New Member

i had the same problem. what id was i just restarted the ipod like 5 times and for some unapparent reason it was working again, try that.
  8. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

I had this with Dock.
    I'm sure theres a way to stop it somewhere but I just uninstalled dock.
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

This has happened to me, and it happens every time I reboot.
    Usually after I run Cracks.app.
  10. simon_newman49

simon_newman49 New Member

yup its happened yo me aswell, after both ants and kate, am not sure about dock though... anyway am not installing all three of them again, so hopefully that should fix it.