Screen/sound problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxoraxx, Jan 4, 2009.

1. xxoraxx

xxoraxx New Member

I was using my ipod today and noticed that the screen was kind of "oily". So I went and got a bottle of rubbing alcohol (70%) and some cotton balls, and started rubbing it on. When I finished it made my ipod's screen all smooth-like(like it always does)... then I turned it on... and there is a splotch in the middle of the screen that is darker than the rest. Then I tried to watch a youtube video to see if the video would look like crap, it didn't but there WASN'T ANY SOUND!!! I know I'm going to have a lot of people tell me I shouldn't use alcohol on my ipod,but if you could tell me a way to fix it somehow that would be good.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump...
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    People will probably tell you this because it says on like the first page of the ipod touch manual to not clean the screen with ANY cleaning substance.. you might want to look that over, because if you go to apple with this problem and tell them what you did then they will not fix it because u didnt read the manual, so if u do go to apple tell im it just happened.
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

LOL well then.. good to know.. i always use my glasses cleaner to clean the screen off... haha and the back when it gets a lot of fingerprints